Wednesday, February 3, 2010
On the move - not out to sea
Up this morning at 6 - it was windier than we thought it would be - back and forth trying to decide whether to go outside. We decided to do the bridges then we chatted with a larger sailboat who was also headed out to the ocean - he thought the predictions were good. So off we went - We think it was around 8 AM when we went out the Lake Worth inlet - we could see him ahead of us and rolling and pitching. We kept going and were close to our right turn to stay close to shore and head south - the winds came up - the waves were around 5 ' and we were seeing 20 - 28 knots of wind. Not for us as our weather sites told us that the winds would pick up over the day. So around 9:15 we got to the first opening bridge of the day - 12 bridges later we are 29.4 miles farther south. A long day - a lot of work but we were resigned to all the bridges and enjoyed the houses - Wow !!